Sunday, June 14, 2009

Some people are just...nice.

So, it's Sunday morning and I'm at work. Before you tell me that working on Sunday is a criminal act, let me tell you that it's technically Thursday. My weekends are shifted to Tue/Wed which is perfect because "The Bachelorette" is on Monday nights so I can sit on the couch for hours after that. I hope she picks Jake...or Kiptyn. Juan was a creep and David was a jerk. 

Some people are just nice. Plain and simple. I think you can categorize people into two sides. One of them being "nice" and the other? "Mean." When I say mean, I mean selfish. There. Nice and selfish. Those are the two adjectives.

At work, I'm responsible for distributing all the information for the following shooting day to the cast. It's a relatively easy task but the e-mails are generally boring. Thus, I decided to make it more interesting by putting quirky quotes at the bottom which, since this idea, have made their way onto the actual call sheets. They're moving up! Anyway, now that the quotes aren't in the e-mails, I decided I had to say something else. Everyone has been working generous hours for the past 2 weeks and everyone has been great with the exception of the person mentioned two blogs ago. She still sucks. She walked into the office this morning and I didn't even give her the honor of making eye contact. I think she got the point. I didn't hear a word from her. She walked in, got her stuff and slowly walked out. Silence is stronger than words...

In the e-mail, I told the crew to come visit me in the office because we reduced the cover charge for getting in. And, if they brought me chocolate, the cover would be reduced further.

I'm at my desk taking care of business because it's business time. The big guy here, the cinematographer (I think he won an award at Cannes a few years ago) came in this morning. He's never come in before while we've been in production. He had a receipt in one hand and chocolate in the other. He said, with his Czech accent, "Maybe this will make your day better." A Lindt chocolate bar. I hope there's a golden ticket inside.

Some people are just nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment