*Disclaimer-- if you don't want to read this whole thing, then why are you here in the first place? Also, if you don't want to read this whole thing, scroll down and read the last sentence. It sums up everything I'm trying to say*
Question: "So, what have you been up to lately?"
1. Taking over the world.
2. Livin' the dream just a little bit longer.
3. I have no fucking clue. I need to go figure that out. I'm going to go do that. Later.
I think/know that responses 1-2 are just guises for response #3. No one knows what they're doing and frankly, that makes me feel much better. I go through a menopausal transformation everyday with regards to what I want to do and where I want to go. In the end, I stare at monster.com or craigslist until my eyes feel like they're going to burn themselves out of my head. Then, the day is over and I do it again on Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday. Friday. No, wait, I take Fridays off. No need to start the weekend with blindness and fear of what I haven't been able to find in the past year. Nope. Friday I enjoy watching Lost on Hulu, drinking coffee and looking outside of the same window in my office that doesn't open. Yep, that's a good Friday right there.
I don't know why most guys I talk to give me these dumb responses. No one is going to take over the world. And, if they try, I'm going to do it first. Secondly, if living the dream means you're living in your parents house, avoiding rent, electricity, water, heat, cooling and food costs, then I've been living that dream for months. Would I consider that "livin' the dream?"
Response #3, perhaps the most honest, sincere and agonizing of them all. It's synonymous to opening a fresh wound just after it has scabbed over. You've finally begun to heal and then, boom. Nisha asks you this question. F. Back at square one.
Well, I think that we're supposed to be utterly lost, confused, broke, lonely, and feeling like we're drowning. I mean, if we had it all already, what would there be to look forward to? What would we be working towards? Human beings need challenges. We need a purpose. If that question were answered at this very moment, you would be lost. Bored. Lonely. Confused. Maybe not broke...but you'd have a broken spirit. (Nice save, right?)
I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment