I'm currently working on a movie in Providence and it has really opened my eyes to first impressions. What is it about firsts? First trips, first meetings, first dates, first kisses, first steps, first glances, first bites....what is it about firsts? We always say that the first time for anything is the most memorable because it's so new and we're so impressionable. But then, we go on to say that you can't judge a book by its cover...meaning, don't make judgements based on your first impression. What the hell.
You know what? I'm going to change this whole blog because of this girl who just walked into the office for the 8th day in a row complaining about something and taking it out on me, blaming me for the issues. You want to know what I did? I told her off. That's right. Nisha: 1. This other chic: 0. She sucks. She walks in every morning going off on some tirade about how things aren't being done the way she wanted them to be done. This is clearly my fault. So, I took her verbal assaults for a few days. Today was not that day. She backed off a little bit..and then stormed out of the building.
Now, I'm not the kind of person to do this. But, close your eyes. Think of this. It's 9am on Tuesday morning. You've just settled into whatever it is that you're doing. Maybe your stretching before a yoga class or pulling the blanket higher over your face so that maybe, your alarm will stop ringing. This is nice, right? Now imagine someone storming in on your turf, through the front (fine, the only) door to this place. They don't say good morning. They don't even look you in the eye. All they do is shuffle/trot to their back office (they're in the back for a reason) yelling the whole way in and into the back. What does this do? This makes me mad. Plain and simple. There's always one. There's always one person who ruins everything for everyone else. So, if there's one, why can't there be two? She threw her garbage on me. I took it and threw it back at her. I just made sure some nails were sticking out.
She'll probably come back. I've stopped making attempts to be friendly or even friends. No longer do I make eye contact. It hurts my eyes and raises my blood pressure.
I'm going to ice my knee. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday.
N
No comments:
Post a Comment