Their match on the hard court this past Sunday marked the first time in their history that the two have met in the Australian Open. Rafa never made it past the semi-final rounds and Federer always fought his way to the finals. However, this time, the stars realigned themselves and the two met, for the first time, on those blue courts. The anticipation, magic and pure desire that proved almost tangible to me could not be matched by Super Bowl (43, right?). Nonetheless, my DVR didn't feel the same way and felt that the Nadal/Federer match would be best viewed the next morning on ESPN's Sport Center. The DVR stopped recording the match in the 3rd set just when both players allowed their fatigue to make its grand entrance. Thanks, technology. However, technology has many members in its family and the DVR's distant cousin, Youtube, provided me with a small dose of what I missed. It was almost equivalent to what the aroma of freshly homemade, soft and doughy chocolate chip cookies does to someone on a diet; it makes you realize what you missed and sends pangs of pure desire surging through your body. You understand the true capacity of what happened. Now, you not only see, but actually feel physical pain because you deprived yourself of what your body needs.
I'll admit it. I missed the end. Not because I wanted to, but because members of my household felt differently (yes, technology can be considered family. It has a name and a room in the house, doesn't it?) One day, I'll be able to forgive DVR but not yet. It's too soon and if you forgive too early, they'll walk all over you again. That's my word of advice for today.
Did anyone actually watch the Super Bowl? If so, how was it? Apparently, NBC still had 4 open commercial spots open the week before the game was supposed to air. Recession? Yes. Am I done with this entry, almost.
Question for the evening: Mike Phelps is tapping the bong. He's also the most decorated Olympian of our time. Should we still date?
maybe you like spaghetti and meatball? you more comfortable with that analogy?
ReplyDelete